We are proud to announce that the first ever IN-novation Festival was a great success!!!
Between 19th -21st February 2020 we took students on a two and a half day entrepreneurial journey. This free event was designed to help students grow venture ideas ranging from business ventures to non-profit.
With the help of experts from industry, we set out to help students transition from an idea (no matter how broad or specific) to a working business model.
The festival’s themes changed by day. Day one centred around Ideation, where participants:
- Identified and focused their ideas
- Identified their customer
- Determined what they can do for their customer
Day two centred around Commercialisation and the Business Model, where participants:
- Identified how customers could acquire their product or service
- Determined how to make money off of their product or service
- Learned how to build and protect their brand
- Identified the most appropriate legal structures for their venture
Day three revolved around storyboarding, video pitching, and preparing our participants for our seed-funding competition and start up visa application process. We finished our journey with some impromptu team building and marketing games to bring everyone together.
Check it out below:
Due to the Pandemic, we were unable to run this event again, but we hope to be able to run the next Innovation Festival in early 2023. So stay tuned!
Don’t forget to sign up for our newsletter to keep up to date with our activities.